Menu

Edu Track--Anybody have this program?

cin

I have it, and it seems like all I get is error messages. For example I was playing with it, trying to mark attendance. And I was getting an error msg every time I check a day. Then I click ok on it, and it shows that she attended that day. >sigh< This program cost a good piece of dough to be so stinkin' buggy. And apparently, I can't re-sell it. :glare: Like textbooks and computer games that we don't use/are done with.

I spent 2 hours setting everything up last night, and then started to input data this evening, and every time I put something in, I came up with an error. when I clicked, the error msg went away, and the data was in there.

DH did some 'diagnostics' and searching and discovered that I have Windows 7 (well, he knew that!) but that it is only up through Vista and XP. He went to their website for an update and it appears that I have the latest version, which he said is 5 yrs old.

He installed XP to see if the program would work, and it still doesn't. In DH's words: Piece of Crap. (This coming from someone who works with computers & programs, and always has the latest and greatest on his machine. Sometimes I wish I DIDN'T have the latest and greatest machine. But it is fast! :auto:

And apparently, I can't re-sell it.

What? I can't resell this either?? Well that's just great. Mine has just been sitting around in the file cabinet, and I was thinking of eBaying it. I wish there were bill boards that warned you of expensive software that you can't sell. (Maybe the Surgeon General could look into that.) I never seem to find out until it's too late. It's a good thing people around me can't read my mind when those Rosetta Stone commercials come on the radio. :cursing:

I searched on here to see if anyone was looking for it and apparently previous sellers were stalked by someone at the company telling them they are NOT to re-sell it. :glare:

I told my husband about that and he said it was, um, B.S. And gave the examples above. Selling a computer game, selling a book. If I'm NOT using it on my computer, then I should be able to sell it. If I AM using it, then NO, I won't sell the disc.

I have Windows 7

Start a help ticket at Edu-Track Home On The Web. It is in your help menu or just Google it.

I'm running 7 Professional 64 bit and downloaded an XP environment just to run the program. It did not work.

I had too much invested in the program to let it go so I kept on their help system until they helped me. It took 9 email exchanges and a program download, but it worked. I have an Edu-Track that works on 7.

Hope they can help you. Once you move through the learning curve, the program is great.

I've used Edu-Track for years. Now, I'm NOT computer savy, but my dh is. Once he got in installed, I was able to input all of my data, and I use it without much trouble now. I must also add, I don't usually try to do anything more than set up each school year, enter current curriculua books, and update daily. I usually write long reports at the end of each year in the Teacher's Journal, but I have no idea how to use the File Cabinet.

I print out attendance reports and semester grades at mid-term and finals. The reports look professional. I can also print out a lesson plan template for my kids each week for them to see their required work for the week.

I use ET differently from the way its "supposed" to be used. Each year, I use Repeating Activities to enter the classes we will study. I keep a separate teacher's assignment book that a school teacher would use, and I write detail lesson plans in it. Each week, I update ET and enter grades and transfer pages completed in our school books. I haven't tried to schedule ET to this level of detail, and therefore, I haven't ever had to "bump".

It is very important to go through the set-up wizard, and it's very important not to overlap school years. The support staff at ET has always responded to all problems I've ever had. Overall, I'm satisfied.

I've read a little about HST+. It gets rave reviews, but it sounds difficult to set up initially. ET's Repeating Acitvities makes it very easy to enter classes for an entire school year. I am curious about the difference between ET and HST+, but I don't have a reason to switch.