Menu

How did you 'order' your Course Descriptions pages?

Thank you. I am muddling my way, too. ;) I currently have them grouped by subject, with English, then History, then languages, then maths, then sciences, then all the electives. I am trying to line them up in the same order that I listed course names on the transcript. I hope it's alright and not confusing for the poor admissions folks who have to look at it!

Thank you. I am muddling my way, too. ;) I currently have them grouped by subject, with English, then History, then languages, then maths, then sciences, then all the electives. I am trying to line them up in the same order that I listed course names on the transcript. I hope it's alright and not confusing for the poor admissions folks who have to look at it!

That's how I'm doing. A subject ordered transcript with subject ordered course descriptions.

Transcripts were organized by year but the course description was by subject, then by year. In other words, within History, the 9th grade, Ancient History was listed before the 10th, Medieval and Early Modern History. Same within Science and the others.

We did this as well. My son's transcript was a single page whereas the course description document was eight!

The description document began with English, divided into two sections, Literature followed by Writing, Grammar and Vocabulary. I listed books read, texts used, Teaching Company lectures utilized, and descriptions of CC classes lifted from their catalog. This was followed by Mathematics, Foreign Languages (Latin and French), Science, History and Government, Electives and then a list of some outside classes (like Duke TIP) that were academic in nature but not necessarily a part of an official class.

Initially I asked admissions personnel if they would want the course description document. Everyone said that they like receiving as much information as possible when evaluating homeschool students, so I quit asking and just sent it out.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Would someone be willing to share what their transcript and course description pages look like? I'm having a hard time. I didn't realize we needed a course description page.

Kareni was extremely helpful when I was writing these documents. Here is her post from the "Experts" page in which she has made a generous offer to share documents with other members of this community.

Jane