Menu

Getting my course accredited as an honors course

I recently read where if you submitted your course syllabus, books etc to college board, they could approve your class as an honors class. I can't remember if I read that on this forum or somewhere else and now I can't find it. Has anyone done this and how did you go about it?

Homeschoolers can have their courses approved as AP (not honors) by the College Board, assuming the syllabus meets the standard criteria for an AP course:

If you are a home school educator wishing to label your courses "AP," you can create an account on the AP Course Audit homepage at http://www.collegeboard.org/apcourseaudit by clicking the "Create Account Now" link, then selecting “Home School Providerâ€. Once you have created an account, you will be able to submit your Course Audit materials. If you do not have an account and would like to contact us, please use the "Contact Us" link on the Course Audit homepage or call 877-APHELP-0.

The info is here, scroll to the bottom of the page.

Jackie