Menu

Spanish Grammar Reference?

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Does anyone know a good beginning Spanish grammar reference? My son is doing really well in Rosetta Stone Spanish but would like something that shows the verbs and all possible tenses, etc. He's doing Level 1 if that is helpful to anyone.

Reading through my email, I just saw that today and tomorrow (Wed and Thurs) you can order 501 Spanish Verbs for 50% off at Borders.com. The code is OFFCOLL: link. If you choose the ship to store option during checkout, shipping is free.

That book obviously isn't great for grammar though, just verbs. I've been using English Grammar for Students of Spanish. I don't love it, because the short chapters often leave my questions unanswered, but it'll do for now. I plan to get someone to buy me A New Reference Grammar of Modern Spanish for Christmas. :D

The workbooks written by Dorothy Richmond in the Practice Makes Perfect series also get good reviews from Spanish learners, so you might want to check them out. The ones mentioned most frequently are Spanish Verb Tenses and Spanish Pronouns and Prepositions.

Edited by jplain

Complete Spanish Grammar from the Practice Makes Perfect Series by mcGraw Hill. You can check it out at Amazon.

Someone on this board posted that her niece who writes for the Spanish Clep recommended anything from the Practice Makes Perfect but she especially liked this one.