Menu

R&S anyone?

mixednuts

i've used R&S with my older son for 2 yrs and it went well. I let my middle son use it (9yo) this year and he hates it. it may be because he's having to write more this year more than ever. I used ABeka in the past but i'm tired of it.....any thoughts on a english curriculum that's maybe a little more exciting for the poor boy?

Growing With Grammar was a life saver here. My ds9 HATED R&S Grammar, even though we did most orally. I bought GWG and now grammar is his favorite subject. I highly recommend giving it a try. Only thing...no writing exercises included so you'll need a separate program. We use Wordsmith Apprentic, Anc. Hist. Based WRiting Lessons and just narrations, copywork and he likes to write stories on his own.

We love Shurley English. We have had a blast with the goofy jingles and have made up dances for each one, the kids loves it. My 12 yo. ds is finally understanding the parts of a speech, and can accurately identify them. He can recite all of the helping verbs, prepositions, possesive pronouns, etc. He is truly improving by leaps and bounds using this program. The best part is there is not a lot of cumbersome work for the student each day, much of it is done orally. This is a teacher intensive program, not something you can just give to a child and expect them to do independently.