Menu

The 374th question about CW

dangermom

I'm using Aesop right now, and we love it. I'm pretty committed to using CW for the long term. We also love R&S grammar; right now we trade weeks.

So CW recommends Harvey Grammar to go along with the program, and includes the lessons to do in the schedules provided in the Teacher book, as far as I can tell. But I would really like to stick with R&S. I know that I can do that; but is it difficult to coordinate everything, or can I just keep on going through and not worry about it too much?

Reassure me that I can continue to use R&S and CW without too much hassle!

You can still use R&S.

We are (slowly) doing Homer A and I've sort of gone back and forth between Harveys and R&S. CW has the grammar that they teach and then they send you to Harveys for a lesson that has nothing to do with the lesson you just worked on in CW. IN other words, the lessons do not coordinate. Someone mentioned once that the lessons they schedule from harveys is something you'll get to later in CW. I think I saw in the samples of Diogenes that they suggest you use either Harveys or R&S 7. I still think they only schedule in Harveys though.

I used CW Homer and part of Diogenes. I used R&S for grammar, and had no problems. There were a few instances where my younger dd did not know some of the grammar concepts in CW, as we had not yet covered them. I would simply explain them to her and move on.

I could never relate to Harvey's antiquated terms. I much prefer R&S.