Menu

Poll (ladies only): How tall are you?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read that thread, but yet the results of this poll, so far anyway, are showing more of an average, to below average height, no?
Not sure -- I haven't really analyzed the results yet. But I have been encouraged that I'm not as alone on the short end of the scale as I had feared.

I had originally planned a "poll" poll so that we could see the results graphed (as in the income poll). But I was more interested to see the heights connected to the names. Maybe we should do a "poll" poll for heights next.

Sorry "Rebel" (but you'll be glad to hear), I am even shorter than you! I'm 4'7". My husband is 5'11". Therefore, my children have a chance to be over 5 feet! YAHOO :o) So far, my eldest dd, 11, is 5 feet and still growing!

"Needleroozer" and "JFS in IL" you are my inspiration!!!! There is hope for me.... I have always prayed to be 5 feet - without shoes! :hurray:

"LizzyBee" - I know what you mean about having a husband who can reach the high shelves! I'd have him go with me to the grocery stores all the time if I could so that I don't have to keep asking nice strangers to help me get things on the top shelves! Oh well... at least I can reach the pedals and see over the dash board to drive!

6'2"

StacyWithFourRugrats, how long is your inseam. I can't find pants anywhere, I'm getting ready to order from Landsend because I can get my 36" inseam.

Woo hoo! I am not the tallest *tee hee* :lol:

I just looked on the Old Navy website and their boot-cut jeans are only 34" but it must be a long 34". They almost drag on the floor. Of course, they ride low on me (and I do NOT buy the low rise) due to my skinny build so that may explain why they seem longer. Their wide jeans have a 35" inseam in long tho.

My mom ordered me some tall clothes from JcPenny's when I was in high school. Couldn't stand the styles and they must have been the ultra-talls because they were long enough for someone 4 inches taller than me at least!

SO glad to see others post above 6' tall.

I never find pants that fit well. Shirts are the worst though. Although I have found ordering some "tall" shirts have worked sometimes!

(You didn't ask me but my inseam is typically 36" as well but with some pants I can sneak away with 34"... just depends on the maker.)

Yes, I can't stand the t-short issue. It is more an issue now than before (probably because I now have those lovely stretch marks and short shirts show too much!). Again, I get my longer shirts from Old Navy but you have to look for them sometimes.

Not sure -- I haven't really analyzed the results yet. But I have been encouraged that I'm not as alone on the short end of the scale as I had feared.

I had originally planned a "poll" poll so that we could see the results graphed (as in the income poll). But I was more interested to see the heights connected to the names. Maybe we should do a "poll" poll for heights next.

It's funny, Janet - I have always pictured you as on the tall side. :001_smile:

SO glad to see others post above 6' tall.

I never find pants that fit well. Shirts are the worst though. Although I have found ordering some "tall" shirts have worked sometimes!

(You didn't ask me but my inseam is typically 36" as well but with some pants I can sneak away with 34"... just depends on the maker.)

I wear the same 3 pairs of jeans all winter and love when summer hits so I can wear my shorts. I usually wear t-shirts and sweatshirts....I can buy men's so the sleeves are long enough. Of course I would love to have some pretty clothes that fit......I'm finding that buying a nice shirt is impossible. I'm so broad through the shoulders that nothing fits even if the sleeves are short. Oh well, I guess there is no dress code for homeschooling. Now, if I had to go to work in an office I'd be in trouble. And shoes are another horrible problem.....I love to go barefoot! (size 12N)