Menu

TPS customer service- bad. Online Spanish course?

This is so frustrating. For the first time I want to use The Potter's School for my son to take Spanish 1. Actually I wanted two of my kids to take classes from them but with this experience I've already found a different program for my other son. I tried to register online. The site kept saying there was something wrong with my user name. I don't believe I've ever registered with them before. I called and emailed and went to the live chat. Nobody has answered the phone. I got one email reply that asked what the error message was- that was yesterday. The live chat guy just said to contact the administrator. He wouldn't even answer my question about what one would normally use as a user name.

Is this the norm for TPS??

Should I even use them?

Any suggestions for a different online Spanish course for 7th grader?

I've had some experience with TPS. One of my brothers was living with me when he was 15 and he took classes through the school and my sister did as well (still living at home with my mother). I am trying to sign up another brother through TPS this fall.

The Good: I have a good opinion of the school itself. The writing courses are intensive and my sister said that was the best part of the entire education. The teachers seems involved once you are in the classes and they offer some interesting classes. The students can be plugged into their online community so it offers homeschoolers another way to make friends.

The Bad: I've had the same issues you have simply trying to get answers. I feel that their registration process is unclear and needs to be streamlined. The site tells you to do one thing but when we finally got an answer to an email, they were telling us to do something else. We emailed them and they took a while getting back to us, but won't ever answer the phone that I can tell.

So, yes, I'm currently frustrated with them as well, but once you get into the classes and registered and everything, your child should be having a good time and learning a lot.

I'm pretty sure the family user name is always the parent's email address. (Then once the kids are signed up for classes they have their own user names.)

I've never had any problems, but I don't think I ever contacted them with something pressing, something which with I needed to hear back right away.

Sorry, I don't know of any online Spanish classes for middle school.

Rhea