Menu

EMAIL from Teaching Textbooks concerning TT5,6,7

starwarsmomma

Posting this here, just in case some of ya'll are affected.

I'm very excited! Sending mine in today.

Dear Friend of TT:

WE HAVE JUST CREATED SPECIAL VERSIONS OF OUR MATH 5, 6, AND 7 CD SETS THAT CAN BE USED ON EITHER A PC OR A MAC (THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS WERE ONLY PC-COMPATIBLE). Each of these new versions has three other features worth mentioning. First, they allow you to easily store and track the grades of multiple students who are using the same computer. Second, they let you delete the score for a whole lesson or a single problem if you wish to have your child redo something. And third, they give you the ability to back up grades and/or transfer them easily. Best of all, SINCE YOU BOUGHT A VERSION OF MATH 5, 6, OR 7 ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1ST OF THIS YEAR, WE ARE INVITING YOU TO SWAP YOUR CURRENT VERSION FOR THE NEW VERSION FOR FREE!

Just to clarify, if you purchased more than one of the products mentioned—Math 5, 6, or 7—on or after January 1st, you may exchange EACH for new sets! And anyone who purchased Math 5, 6, or 7 CDs (new) through a store, catalog, or school on or after January 1st is also entitled to a free exchange! PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT THE OFFER TO EXCHANGE OLD DISCS FOR NEW IS ONLY GOOD THROUGH AUGUST 1, 2011.

So how do I get my hands on the new version?

To receive a new set, YOU MUST FIRST RETURN ALL OF YOUR OLD DISCS (except any currently in use) ALONG WITH THE DISC HOLDER to Teaching Textbooks’ headquarters (see address below). DO NOT SEND ANY WORKBOOKS, however.

Your new CDs should arrive about a week or two after your old ones have been received. If you bought your product directly from TT, no receipt is required with the returned CDs. But if you have your receipt, please send it to speed up processing time. Also, we will pay the cost of shipping the new discs to you, but we cannot reimburse for the cost of returning the old discs.

IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR PROGRAM THROUGH A STORE, CATALOG, OR SCHOOL—again, on or after January 1, 2010—YOU MUST ALSO SEND YOUR RECEIPT OR A PO NUMBER WITH YOUR DISCS. Otherwise, we cannot verify the time of purchase. ALSO, PLEASE INCLUDE A NOTE CONTAINING YOUR PHONE NUMBER (PLUS AREA CODE) and your return address in your package.

Ship old CDs and holder (along with a receipt if you did not purchase directly from TT) to:

Teaching Textbooks

Hybrid Exchange

P.O. Box 60529

Oklahoma City, OK 73146

Is there a reason why a person might NOT want to switch to the special version? There is one potential negative associated with switching. If you already have grades in the gradebook of your old program, there is no way to transfer those into the new version. Transferring grades is only easy with grades that are generated AFTER the new version has been installed. If you want to preserve old grades, you’ll need to print out your ENTIRE gradebook. This will mean printing the scores for each lesson as well as the pages that show the grade for each problem (within a lesson). But even if you do that, you will lose the data that shows the specific answer your child gave on each problem. Therefore, if you are worried about losing gradebook info., we suggest that you allow the current student to finish the product; then, switch to the new version so any younger children you have may benefit from the extra features mentioned above.

As always, we thank you for your support, and please call our toll-free number at 1-866-867-6284 if you have any questions.

Guest GandalfMom

:001_huh: I was excited at first as well. But then I realized how much I would end up spending for one level. Does anyone else think this is a bit spendy to upgrade when we already paid full price for the previous version? If I send TT $39.95 + the cost for shipping and packaging then I will have spent a total of at least $189.90 total for one level. (The price for the new updated version complete set is sold for $149.90 brand new on their website) It just doesn't seem right. I could see charging something for the exchange - say $10.00 - but $40 seems high... :confused:

:001_huh: I was excited at first as well. But then I realized how much I would end up spending for one level. Does anyone else think this is a bit spendy to upgrade when we already paid full price for the previous version? If I send TT $39.95 + the cost for shipping and packaging then I will have spent a total of at least $189.90 total for one level. (The price for the new updated version complete set is sold for $149.90 brand new on their website) It just doesn't seem right. I could see charging something for the exchange - say $10.00 - but $40 seems high... :confused:

As I read it, it doesn't say that you're paying for anything but the shipping back to them. That seems reasonable to me...:001_smile:

Guest GandalfMom

"To receive a new set, YOU MUST FIRST RETURN ALL OF YOUR OLD DISCS (except any currently in use) ALONG WITH THE DISC HOLDER AND A $39.95 CHECK to Teaching Textbooks’ headquarters (see address below)" "Also, we will pay the cost of shipping the new discs to you, but we cannot reimburse for the cost of returning the old discs." ~quoted from the TT email...

Just to clarify - I'm really NOT trying to be difficult or divisive and I am satisfied with the TT program. But I have children in each of the affected levels of the program. If we upgrade our 3 sets to Mac compatible discs it will cost us $120.00 to upgrade - and (I believe) the price for the new versions haven't changed.

Background info to let you know why this is even an issue for us - I thought the price for this math program was a bit high to begin with but invested in it anyway knowing that my children could all cycle through each level. We only had Mac computers before TT so we had to purchase a PC - which has been a **continuous** headache - for the levels that weren't Mac compatible. Needless to say, we've really been looking forward to a Mac update. I guess I was expecting a simpler, less expensive update - maybe a download...

We'd all LOVE to say goodbye to our troublesome PC forever. :)