Menu

REAL Science Odyssey

parias1126

How well do your kids share?

How much are you really going to expect from the 5yo? Is this required or mostly intrest led? Will he be expected to actually fill in the lab sheets or is being part of the activites and discussions enough?

We did this the first time when my kids were similar ages and one page was enough for almost all the labs. I also didn't copy the reading pages we just read them together. I would just get one copy and make two for the few pages you would want two.

Many of the lab pages are very simple and you could just free hand something similar (several are simple lists or tables or mostly blank for a scetch).

Several were more writing then I required of my 5yo (we would just discuss).

Many were fine to share.

Then there are a few that they are probably going to each want thier own and are a little harder to free hand- the skeleton page or digestive track (or the spider one that is the sample page, right?)

How well do your kids share?

How much are you really going to expect from the 5yo? Is this required or mostly intrest led? Will he be expected to actually fill in the lab sheets or is being part of the activites and discussions enough?

We did this the first time when my kids were similar ages and one page was enough for almost all the labs. I also didn't copy the reading pages we just read them together. I would just get one copy and make two for the few pages you would want two.

Many of the lab pages are very simple and you could just free hand something similar (several are simple lists or tables or mostly blank for a scetch).

Several were more writing then I required of my 5yo (we would just discuss).

Many were fine to share.

Then there are a few that they are probably going to each want thier own and are a little harder to free hand- the skeleton page or digestive track (or the spider one that is the sample page, right?)

I just realized my siggy was way outdated! He is now 6, so he will be doing everything alongside his sister. I will probably end up copying the pages needed as suggested.

Thanks for all the responses.