Menu

So ds likes Dana Mosley for precalculus...

We were originally going to use Lial's and we still can, if we use the videos from www.coolmathguy.com. Or would it be easier to use Larson's? The coolmathguy site is for use with any textbook and the videos are basically the same as Chalkdust, but less expensive and are instantly accessed, which we like.

Oh - and I know some complain about the lengthy videos. Those who use Chalkdust successfully, how do you schedule the videos and textbook problems?

Thoughts? Advice? Please. Math is driving me batty!!!

Yes, the precalculus videos are long. My untested plan (which starts Thursday) is generally: Day 1, watch video X.1; Days 2 and 3, work problems in X.1 (every other odd); etc., except that on the same day as every 4th video, she is going to work the review sections for the previous 3 sections. Every test gets a study day and a test day, though if the next video is on the short side, she is watching it on test day.

I do not know whether this will be too much, but this is what it will take to finish precalculus in one year. I can give you a better idea in oh, about May, 2011. ;)

Terri

Yes, the precalculus videos are long. My untested plan (which starts Thursday) is generally: Day 1, watch video X.1; Days 2 and 3, work problems in X.1 (every other odd); etc., except that on the same day as every 4th video, she is going to work the review sections for the previous 3 sections. Every test gets a study day and a test day, though if the next video is on the short side, she is watching it on test day.

I do not know whether this will be too much, but this is what it will take to finish precalculus in one year. I can give you a better idea in oh, about May, 2011. ;)

Terri

Thank you. I think I'll use coolmathguy since the price is much better and has instant access. And we can order on section or chapter at a time. That way, if it doesn't work for us, we haven't wasted a ton of money. Why, oh why, doesn't anyone use coolmathguy??