Menu

10 Days in the USA vs. Snapshots Across America

We have 10 Days in the USA, I am only familiar with Snapshots across America from reading what I could find on the internet about it.

With 10 Days, it is pretty much strictly states; the cards have the state shapes, names, and capital cities marked (also gives population), but in play the only thing you're really dealing with is the states and where they are located in relation to each other. My kids enjoy this game, but it is quite limited (focused?) in what it covers educationally, kwim? This also makes it easier, I think, for kids to learn and in particular for younger kids to enjoy, because it isn't very complex and there isn't a ton of data for the kids to have to manipulate.

It looks like in the other game there are cards with points of interest that you would then have to locate on the map? Again, I haven't seen it in person, but just a cursory glance it looks to me like it would have more information to be learned (about all these different destinations) but perhaps a tad more complex to play? ... now that I've found the instructions online, I'd restate that I think it would give you more information to learn, plus be more complex to play. Those could be plusses or minuses :)

hth!