Menu

What can my dd use for a photography elective?...

Has anyone done photography for an elective?

I would be digital photography. We have photoshop and will be using it with her photos, but what can we do to create a course for an elective credit?

I know there are plenty of digital photography books out there, but what can we use that would guide us in creating such a course?

Thank you,

Sabrina in NY

Our dd is taking Introduction to Photography through The Potter's School this semester. She LOVES the class! I think it's very well organized and she's learning so much. I've such so much progress in her pictures. TPS is currently registering for fall and this class fill very quickly.

Besides the option Lisa mentioned, Kym Wright at alWright Publishing has a study guide on photography. I have not seen it, so I can't comment on it. Here's a link: http://learn-and-do.com/

Just some ideas.

Just another possibility for anyone else who looks at this thread...I just bought a Photography course through Oakmeadow. Its a one semester highschool course- 18 weeks. Its cheap ( and it was on special a month ago when I bought it). I love it. Its doable, presented clearly, the assignments are clear, and it has my artistic kid inspired.