Menu

Any users of Breaking the Barrier French?

Guest Nicola

Hi Lisa,

I own Level I but, unfortunately, do not plan to start using it until this coming September. Do you have specific questions about the program? I am not sure how helpful I can be in answering them, but I would be happy to try.

Nicola

My son will be 15.5yo when he begins studying French. He has finished Henle I and is currently studying one year of Greek with Athenaze. I studied two years of French in high school in the late 1970's and still feel somewhat familiar with the language. He is a very independent learner, so a program that is largely self-study would be great for him.

Lisa

Lisa-

I was hemming and hawing between Break the Barrier and Le Francais Facile for our 15yos. He will be finishing up his third and last year of Latin and will be beginning French in the fall.

I recently spent some time with a Canadian friend of mine who lives on an island off the coast of eastern Canada. The French there is Quebecois. She looked over both curricula thoroughly (she homeschools as well) and in the end felt they were very similar and very solid. As Christians, we like the focus of Le Francais Facile, but the layout and price of Break the Barrier has us sold.

FWIW-

Kendra