Menu

Stores with homeschool discounts

Half-Price Books does, as does Barnes and Noble. I've heard that sometimes how easy it is to get them to honor it depends on the salesperson, but I don't know personally. I seem to remember that I could have gotten a discount card at Office Max, but I hardly ever buy stuff there, so it wasn't really worth it. I'd bet that most places that offer discounts to teachers (book and office supply stores, mostly) would include homeschoolers. It can't hurt to ask!

Staples doesn't have a "Discount" per se, but you can join their teacher rewards program and get some perks.

JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts offers a 15% discount off your ENTIRE purchase for teachers - including homeschoolers. It will even discount sale items, but not items you use a 40% off coupon for. We've done a lot of - ahem - sewing for school this year ;)

Hastings does a teacher's discount - 25% off books, and also a discount off of movies and music, too... can't remember how much, though... 15 or 20% maybe???

Our B&N gives 20% off everyday and 25% on special educator weeks... I thought it was that way everywhere???

One of the "Office" stores offers a discount on copies for teachers/homeschoolers.... can't remember if it's Office Max or Office Depot....

Not fully awake here yet.... :tongue_smilie:

Hancock Fabrics --- 10%, I believe it is. I have used this myself.

Hobby Lobby--- 10%. I have not used this, but a friend has. It's on certain things, though, and I can't remember what. It probably has to be 'school' related like poster board, paint, crayons, etc.

Books-A-Million--- 20%. At least they used to.... I haven't shopped there in about a year, as I prefer Barnes and Noble, so I don't know if my card is still valid.

Barnes and Noble, which has been mentioned---- ours has a swipe card that automatically takes the 20% off allowed items, so it's not up to the cashier.

Our Staples says their regular savings is all they have. :confused: I'm going to have to check that out!

For some reason, I feel like I'm forgetting a store; one that one wouldn't normally think would offer a discount. Hmm.... if it comes to me, I'll be back.

It's great to have the homeschool discounts. I tend to use the 40% coupons that are often offered for one item at Borders and Hobby Lobby. Anyone can use the Hobby Lobby coupon and Michael's will match it. I think you need to be a Borders reward customer for the Borders discounts.