Menu

Phy. Ed ideas

I am looking for ideas for my dd who will be entering 9th gr. in Aug.

I am in need of ideas for PE credit. She is not on any sports team(no real desire) She is more of a fine arts gal. Would you share w/ me some of your ideas for HS credit that don't involve joining a sports team. What do you all do to give a PE credit for your child.

Bike riding

Bowling

hiking

walking

karate classes

women self-defense classes

swimming

Skating (ice or wood) --- Our hs support group has a monthly ice skating and a monthly roller skating afternoon. We always do this.

skiing (down hill or cross-country) --- two winters ago my boys purchased a 6-pack-season pass. It permitted them to go skiing 6x, when they wished, on week-days. That was a quick 42 hrs of PE time.

Carole

Last fall I organized a PE "class" and invited anyone interested from our homeschool co-op. We had 5 or so families and did 10 minutes of callisthenics, 20 minutes walking/jogging around the track followed by a game of some sort (they played capture the flag, kickball, tag, etc.). We met twice a week at our county park and I made up a syllabus for the semester.

Most of the ideas for exercises and games came from "Homeschool Family Fitness, A Complete Curriculum Guide," by Bruce Whitney, Ph.D.

The book is adaptable to individual students or groups. Even the moms took that opportunity to get in some exercise. :)