Menu

Favorite planner for teen

Guest Barb B

Guest Barb B

A response about the company "planner pads" made me think what else my work for your teen for a planner. This is not ds's strong point and I don't know if I can talk him into using one, but I would like to try to get him in the habit this year befor he is off to college (he will be a senior this year). I looked at planner pads and really like what I see.

Barb

Guest Barb B

I read in two different posts that they liked them. So I looked at the site plannerpads.com and there you can see them. I liked how on the same 2 page lay out there was a section for lists, one for putting each day's to do things and another for appointments to keep. I think there is also somewhere monthly calandars. They look good, but I am not sure what I should use for my planner reluctant son!

Barb

Guest MJones

My son is also a rising senior. I have been working with him for two plus years on time management with a planner. His younger sister gets the concept, but he is very resistant to using a planner. I'd love to hear from others on their choice of planners.

I just checked out Planner Pads. Thank you for bringing to my attention.

I read in two different posts that they liked them. So I looked at the site plannerpads.com and there you can see them. I liked how on the same 2 page lay out there was a section for lists, one for putting each day's to do things and another for appointments to keep. I think there is also somewhere monthly calandars. They look good, but I am not sure what I should use for my planner reluctant son!

Barb

Oh, I see. I've used Planner Pads in the past and love them. I was afraid you had heard something bad about the company. :001_huh: Glad that's not the case!

I think they could be really useful for a reluctant planner because they really break down the steps of planning:

1. Decide what you need to do for the week.

2. Put those things into categories.

3. Then schedule them into time slots.

They also come with an audio cassette that guides you through the steps.

I only wish they were prettier!:D

I posted elsewhere about Planner Pads. I'm training my kids to use them.

I use one *myself*. I love it! It works the way I think. I am not one to haul every single piece of info about my family around in a planner, so most planners are just *too much* to be efficient for me. I use the spiral one and buy the plastic pockets. I tuck a small legal notepad in one and go! I have the personal size.

I bought this one for my dd to use this year. It runs July - June.

http://www.blueskyimg.com/1/Detail/July2010June2011WeeklyMonthlyerticalCharcoalPlanner8511

She likes it because it has the two page month at a glance and the timed daily pages. Most important, it has a full day for both Saturday and Sunday. Most planners have only small spaces for the weekend days - assuming the child only has full days on Mon-Fri.

I found it at Target for $9.99.

I used Franklin planners a long time ago, back when I worked. They were really great, but can get expensive. I was thrilled to find this Franklin planner at Office Depot this year, Rhapsody. It was cheaper at Office Depot. I found mine on sale for 15.00, but I think their listed price was 25.00

It has a daily page, a month at a glance, and I like the way the page is outlined.

I will probably start my ds on a planner like this at some point.

I looked a long time for planners for my boys who are definitely planner resistant and involved them in the choosing process. They really like the one we chose from Action Publishing. They have several different ones available from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books&field-author=Action%20Publishing

You can see better examples of the pages on their website.

http://www.actionagendas.com/

They come in different sizes and are available for different ages. My boys are 12 and 14 and we got the Aspire one.

Lynn