Menu

What would be a good money maker for kids at a garage sale?

I was wanting to avoid lemonade, or homemade goodies, thinking people would rather have something packaged (for safety reasons) The neighborhood is having a garage sale at the end of the month, so I would like to have a sale and have the kids do something. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kristine

Pop and water bottles are big hits here. You could have them pick out there own things for the sale and manage their own tables, each have a small amount of change, etc. Or, just take turns having them run your cash box, bagging items, greeting people, etc. Our neighborhood sale is the week of July 4th so I have a while to think about what we'll do. I already have a big stash of items ready to sell!

How about coffee if they'll get up and be ready for the garage sale early birds? You can even visit a bread store for bulk danishes and rolls, packaged separately to resell. For later, how about cold drinks in a can, iced down? Popsicles for the kids?

Also, let them sell some of the stuff they no longer need and keep their money.