Menu

Do any of you make these for your older kids? I have HST+ and it generates a very detailed list of assignments due. But... I was remembering the ones I had in college and they were not very detailed. More like test 1 due on x, test 2 due on y, exam on z. major project due. Have chpts read by this date. Usually one page deals for the semester class.

Just wondering. I have a couple of classes this year that would be an easy intro to working off of a syllabus but wasn't sure if it is really necessary.

Thanks

I make a syllabus for each of my co-op classes. I've found that it has helped the students to mature in ownership of schedules and time management. I can usually fit a 9-week syllabus on one page. I give weekly assignments, intended class plan, and test/project due dates.

Another unforeseen advantage... two of our students have needed syllabi for the college admissions process. They did not need these for acceptance, but to gain admittance into an honors program or validate a scholarship.