Menu

Gr 10/Sophomore year line up so far, still one or two questions

We'll be doing this mostly in semester courses, but I'm just listing them altogether for now. Here is what we have so far:

Algebra 2 with Dolciani

Concepual Physics high school (since I couldn't find a TM or IG for the college one) along with Practicing Physics and a lab component to be decided.

Tradional Logic 2. Sure, she may be behind WTM, but liked TM 1 last fall.

American History 1: TC lectures with American Pageant (or perhaps

American Journey--both are on order cheap) She won't do 4 years of world history.

Phys Ed: swim team and then Lifeguard course in the spring

English: Ideally, group essay writing course, pending the class filling up, American lit (still working on which one, but I already have suggestions to I'm still working on) and a grammar review. QUESTION she likes R&S but is tired of some of the idiomatic language, etc (eg, and not a quote: "Johnny enjoyed staying at Grandpa Foster's.") She is very good with grammar, but wants to do a bit less writing, and her favourite part is diagramming. I know about AG and a few others, but what's your favourite high school grammar review that is heavy on diagramming? Complicated diagramming would be okay.

German: OSU online

Elective: still working on math vs doing Biology second semester. The biology is not technically an elective, but since she needs to do AP level Chem & Physics later this could be helpful. If math, it would be The Art of Problem Solving Number Theory text. If Biology either Campbell's high school text (I have some saved thread with info on that, and hopefully it's in the right place so that I can find it) or a Christian one, but I don't think she'd like Apologia.

Wow, I thought I was closer to being done than I am. Does this look okay? She doesn't want a fine arts or an arts elective, and I've chosen not to wage that battle while she's still 15.

Looks good.

I wouldn't wage battles on electives either. My kids do not want to do art at all. Dd loves music and that will be her major (at this time) so she is getting plenty of music courses. Ds isn't into any art or music so I won't push it on him. He will be doing tons of science and math and he can get his "fine arts" in college when it is required.

Looks good.

I wouldn't wage battles on electives either. My kids do not want to do art at all. Dd loves music and that will be her major (at this time) so she is getting plenty of music courses. Ds isn't into any art or music so I won't push it on him. He will be doing tons of science and math and he can get his "fine arts" in college when it is required.

Thanks. I was looking things up and remembered that the lit course we're going to use is Windows to the World. I can't remember if that means we can do American lit this year or not, but if not we can do it when she does American History 2. Now it's just the grammar review and finding the cheapest way to do Apologia Biology (she chose Christian and hated BJU science the year she did it--I printed a sample of Aplogia for her). I'll have to wait on Number Theory.