Menu

11th Grade American History Suggestion

We used America: The Last Best Hope by William Bennett. The kids loved it. It reads like a "real" book but still contains all the necessary facts.

We also used the Roadmap to America: The Last Best Hope. It's the accompanying (for $50) website that has a bazillion links (ie rabbit trails), tests, answers to the tests, interesting stories, pictures, original documents, etc. It was worth it for me.

We did the U.S History syllabus sold by Hewitt Homeschool (the one's who publish Lightning Lit). It uses BJU"s history textbook, but adds historical literature, mapping assignments, essays, etc. It definitely enriched the program.

Kristi

Out of the many American history textbooks of various levels I've used as a homeschooler, public high schooler, and college student, my favorite was Paul Johnson's A History of the American People. I read it in my American Civilization I and II classes at UD. However, I do not know if there is a *curriculum* that goes along with it.