Menu

Oklahoma

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad because I told you about it and how fun it was last semester. :sad:

I was very happy with it when older dd did it....2 years ago?

This year is ok. Younger likes it fine, I suppose. I asked her if she wanted to do it again in the spring....she picked dance. :)

I'm curious to see if this performance is going to be 2 hours of other kids and 5 minutes of mine. Mostly a showcase of the older kids. When my older did the Christmas performance, it was only elementary and everyone sang the whole time and had a speaking part.

Edited by snickelfritz

Well, that is disappointing. I know of several families who have participated and enjoyed it in the past. Too bad the changes this year aren't positive. We have never participated since it falls on our coop day, but I always thought it looked like fun and thought about putting ds in someday.

If you are thinking of joining Tulsa Homeschool Choir.

Don't.

:banghead:

Can anyone recommend a dance studio in Tulsa? Looking for classical ballet for a very serious 11 year old currently studying pointe and russian ballet.

Have you looked into the program run by the Tulsa Ballet? I don't have personal experience, but have heard good things about it.

Besides that, I know of several dance studios that do very well in competitive dance. One of them has a recent student that now goes to Julliard. But, I don't know how good their ballet programs are for the really serious ballet student.

• 1 month later...
I'm an hour or so from Tulsa, near the AR stateline.

We are looking at moving up there...West Siloam Springs is one of the places we are considering. Can you tell me a little more about homeschooling there? What resources are available to you there? What about the nearest big city?

We are also looking at towns that are 20 minutes from Tulsa because I like Tulsa so much and that's where my parents live.

Thank you!

Stephenie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pudewa will be speaking and his workshops are always standing room only! He is great. I have shopping to do. Looking to buy from IEW and TRISMS. Was going to buy from REAL Science 4 Kids but they aren't going to be there, so I have already ordered online. Just curious if any from here were planning on going.

I just found this thread and wanted to pop in and say hi! We are new homeschoolers in Tulsa and finding our groove with our 10yr old DS who is 2E and still recovering from Ps trauma. We are having a blast and rea:glare:lly enjoying the relaxed and creative options for homeschooling. my biggest concern right now is getting him involved in some co-ops or clubs or playgroups or aomething. (I am typing this on my phone and isn't letting me go back fix typos!! Please ignore them!!)

Hi Jen! There are lots of things going on in the Tulsa area. Have you found any local groups in which to get involved?

I am still working on that, and need to make it more of a priority.

I have joined the Yahoo group for Tulsa area homeschoolers, but haven't made it out to any of the functions yet.

I am also trying to decide if I want to go to the conference coming up.

Does anyone know anything about hsing in NW OK, near Woodward? We are possibly moving up to be with family there in a small town just east of Woodward.

I looked online and it doesn't look like there is anything in NW OK - is that right?

My hubby and I are originally from Buffalo, just north of WW. We are now in the OKC area. I'm unaware of anything in WW, though I may be wrong. I do know that there are some hsers in the Enid area. If you will be on the east side of WW, that would be not terribly far.

Are you originally from NW OK? Since your family is on the east side, were they ok with the tornado last week?

Melisa

Does anyone know anything about hsing in NW OK, near Woodward? We are possibly moving up to be with family there in a small town just east of Woodward.

I looked online and it doesn't look like there is anything in NW OK - is that right?

I'm not sure about Woodward specifically, but there are homeschoolers in NW Oklahoma (not sure about a "group" or activities, though). There are several homeschool groups in Enid if that is close enough for you. We are part of the EACHE (Enid Area Christian Home Educators) group, and there is also a Classical Conversations group that meets weekly.

My hubby and I are originally from Buffalo, just north of WW. We are now in the OKC area. I'm unaware of anything in WW, though I may be wrong. I do know that there are some hsers in the Enid area. If you will be on the east side of WW, that would be not terribly far.

Are you originally from NW OK? Since your family is on the east side, were they ok with the tornado last week?

Melisa

I'm not originally from there, but my mom {who lives with us} is and my brother's family all live there. They were okay with the tornado last week - it pretty much skipped the town they live in {Seiling} from what they said.

Enid will be a bit far for us I think, unless we are already going there for another reason. If we do end up moving there I may have to try to start something in the WW area if possible.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We're moving just SE of Woodward in a month or so ourselves! From what I've been able to gather, there used to be an active group in Woodward a few years back, but the numbers that I had for them were no longer in service; I haven't found any new information.

If you do end up in the area, I'll help with a group startup!

Just jumping in here to asks the folks in the northeast part of the state. We are gearing up to start school again and wondering about which groups we want to get involved with. I am on the yahoo list for several but I don't even know where to start.

Also does anyone here have a homeschooling boy in Camp Fire or 4-h. He wants to do something scout-ish, but I was really dissapointed with the Cub Scout group we were in a few years ago, and have some issues with the organization in general.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We live in Kingston in the texoma region. This is our first year to homeschool. My DS is 7, DD5, and DS8months. I'm finding there isn't much in the way of co-ops and groups in this area. If you're in the area I'd love to hear from you. :)

• 2 months later...

Newbie here....

I'm Rebecca, from the Tulsa area, mom to 4 kiddos (ages 10, 8, 6 and 4) I'll be starting homeschooling in fall 2014. I'm gathering ideas, information and resources right now as well as curriculum. I'm in school myself so it will be very challenging, but I'm really excited. There's so much support in the area I know we'll be successful.

Can't wait to meet some of you!

• 1 year later...