Menu

My baby turned two today...

Of course, I'm thrilled that we have had this little guy for two whole years to add such a huge amount of joy to our lives, but at the same time...<whining> I can't believe he's twoooooo! lol

I know this is nothing new. Many, many women go through this at some point. With my others, it hit me harder around age five. Maybe because I tend to see that age as being a "bigger kid", kwim? I'm still in denial that my oldest is 15 and will likely be off to college in three years (lallala...I can't *hear* you). But, this time, I'm mourning a little for the loss of babyhood (at least until grandchildren). No more sweet little baby heads, no more teeny tiny toes, clothes, diapers. Sigh.

Honestly, I'm really more about looking forward and celebrating life. I know that our family has been blessed beyond measure. I know that there are many memories yet to be made. I know all of that. But today, I think I'll be just a little sad.

P.S. It's not the greatest picture of him, but if you want to see my oldest & youngest of our four, there's a picture of them in my profile (I still don't have a blog).

Lisa

I cried the day my oldest turned 2. I felt the same way as you... blessed to have her for two whole years, yet I mourned the loss of babyhood. It was bittersweet. Plus we weren't prego so I had no other baby to look forward to.:(

My little man turns 2 in April and already I'm missing all those little baby things you mentioned. (sniff sniff). We're blessed with baby #4 coming next month so your post reminded me to be SO thankful that my baby days aren't over. Ahhh... the joys of sleepless nights!! Some days, all I can think of is: "what are we doing having another one? I can barely get through a school day with the ones I have!" I want to jump up and shout "WE'RE CRAZY!"

Thanks for reminding me how short and sweet life can be!

You're very blessed and have so much to look forward to with your family. All the best... Sending you a hug for the day as you celebrate the big occasion.

Thanks for all of your empathy, ladies. It helps to "hear" that I'm not alone in being more than a little sentimental & damp-eyed. :o Lately, ds2 has been insisting "I do it!!" or congratulating himself with, "I did it!!" And I think to myself, "Yes, sweet boy, you want to be all grown up, but Mommy needs you to need her for a while longer." (sniff)

Sure, I know they all still need me (in varying degrees), but turning two and saying "I do it!!" all at once can be *hard* on a mommy-heart. Kwim?? :)

Lisa