Menu

Help me with my new hair resolution!

A little background...a book I'm reading suggests changing three things about yourself that you are really in a rut with, in order to stimulate a whole lot of change and "newness" in your life.

The book asked, "Do you always wear your hair in the same style?" Ummm.....yes. Yes, I do!

"Do you always wear long skirts?" Well, I used to before I move to frigidsville.

"Do you check your email/message boards at the same time daily?" Ummm....yes, compulsively, about 10 times per day.

It was like someone was watching me!

Anyway, I'm tackling the hair thing. They suggest cutting it all off. I'm not up for that big of a change. So, since I never, ever wear it up I decided that for the next six months I will attempt to put it up every day.

HELP!

I can do a kind of messy twist with the ends hanging out. I can do a high pony-tail. I can do braids.

What else is there? I need ideas, directions, pictures, LOL!

What ruts are you in?

LOL, my rut is that I do wear my hair up everyday, LOL. My hair is very thin, and it just clings to the top of my head anyway. I got a perm a few months ago to change things and thought it would give my hair some body, but it relaxed way too quickly. I didn't want poodle curls, LOL, so I asked them to use large rods. No I just get up, use an octopus clip to get it all off my neck and outa my face, and put a bandana on top of it all (bandanas with skulls, LOL).

I got the octopus clip at Wal-Mart, it has directions on the card it comes with for a few different styles. Oh, I wonder if they still sale Hairdini's (sp?). I loved that thing when I worked at a grocery store in AL and I just HAD to have my hair up so it wouldn't stick to my neck in all that humidity. That's probably TMI, LOL.

Hairdini

updos

I read something similar in college about beating the blues. It said to cut color your hair, do something your mother would hate, and some other stuff. My hair ended up spikey, purple and my left ear bears a few more holes than the right. Whenever I think of ruts I do think of my mother's hair she has had the same helmet head, do it once a week at the salon do for my whole life. Yuck. I try to change but as I et older I just don't want too but then I have change issues too unless they are my idea. But that is just what I hear!!;)