Menu

Do we *need* to use a Chemistry curriculum already made??

Guest MamaBear10

Guest MamaBear10

I have a Chemistry textbook that is thorough. They sell Answer keys for the book, but I probably don't really need it. Looking at the section review questions, the answer would be in the book. They just ask you to explain something previously mentioned, vocab that was learned, etc.

I found a great site online that has Chemistry Labs that uses household products.

Would it be okay to make my own Chemistry course using the Textbook and the Labs online?

Has anyone ever made their own Science course, or is science a MUST HAVE boxed curriculum?

I am not sciencey, but my daughter loves science so I don't think she would mind doing a lot of her own research.

I think it is fine to do your own course. If you are going to call it high school chemistry, make sure you cover an equivalent amount of work.

Every course is different in emphasis and exactly what is covered so you don't have to duplicate exactly what is out there, but you don't want to be too far off either.

Guest MamaBear10

I cannot find the answer key for the book anywhere though!!!!

The book doesn't have an edition, but it was copyrighted in 1993 by Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, Inc. It is called Modern Chemistry.

I have seen a lot of teacher's editions for Modern Chemistry, but I can't tell what book they're for, or if they're all the same. Since the book doesn't have an edition, it makes it harder.

Any suggestions on how to find the answer key?

Guest MamaBear10
Most high school texts don't have an answer key. They will have a teacher edition for the textbook that will contain answers to all the questions. You should look for a teacher manual for that particular text rather than an answer key.

I finally found it. Thank you :)