Menu

Help getting marshmallow out of dd's hair!!!

So, we roasted marshmallows the other night and dd(3) got a huge clump of melted marshmallow stuck in her hair:(. Now it is a huge matted knot and I don't know how to get it out!! She has very thin hair and it is finally to her shoulders, so I REALLY don't want to cut it! She also has a severe peanut/tree nut allergy so peanut butter is out! Any suggestions?

Marshmallows should dissolve in warm water. I would think a good soak in the tub with some conditioner for the tangles would do the trick.

I agree completely. Marshmallows melt out of hair easily in warm water. Then you just have to deal with the resulting tangle (which would likely take a fair amount of conditioner / detangler).

I would not, not, not add anything else like peanut butter, oil, etc. Sugar is *easy* to get out. That other stuff just adds to the horror.

(And yes, lol, I've gotten sticky marshmallows out of my own hair, lol. It wasn't my fault!)

Thank you for all the advice!! DH gave her a bath and washed her hair, but who knows how thoroughly;). I will try again today....you know, because I have nothing better to do than getting marshmallow out of a three yr. Olds hair!!!:)