Menu

Business credit for future entrepreneurs?

Anyone care to help me design or locate a course for my 17yo dd?

Next year is her "gap" year. She's gone through Alg. I, Geometry, and Alg. II with Trig. She's not 100% sure she's going to college, but if she does her ACT scores (32) were enough for a great scholarship to her likely choice.

Her passion is ballet, specifically teaching ballet. For the past 4 years, she's run her own mini-ballet school, and is probably going to continue that. She and I would love for her to take a math course next year - either full or half credit - designed for future business owners, so that she can understand the basics.

(Note here: I'm not even sure I know what the basics are! Creating spreadsheets, cash flow, etc etc etc. . . . ???)

Looking for something a little more than consumer math - I'd love something she could combine with a traditional consumer math course to equal a full credit.

Any ideas?

That's interesting, Paula. . . . . .

My dd and I were just talking about this tonight. Maybe she needs an accounting/bookkeeping combo? She needs one. more. math credit to graduate. She's done Alg I, Geometry, and Alg II. She could do Pre-Calc/Trig, but if we could work out a math credit with business principles, that would be sweet, you know?

I'm going to research that one a bit. Looks better for my son, though, just b/c he's younger.