Menu

Questions for those who have already done Omnibus I-III (or more)

In 1st through 6th I had no problem running two separate history sequences (for one child,) but now that I am back to Ancient Greece and Colonial America I'm having a really difficult time with scheduling. The books take longer to read, the papers longer to write. Trying to schedule two histories just isn't coming together. I don't want to do one six year sequence (such as HEO) and I don't need materials as I can pull together my own. So, twice through as Omnibus does it, seems the next best solution.

However, I'm wondering how rushed you/your child felt going through the whole history cycle in three years? Was there enough depth? And if you've had a chance to move to Omnibus 4 and beyond - how did you feel doing it all again after three years? Does it feel like you were just studying those topics? Is the focus different the second time through? Less enthusiasm from the child? I'd appreciate any thoughts.