Menu

Anyone use Bridge Math before Chemistry??

Yes, I used it with my non-mathy son. He struggled with algebra I and Bridge Math did help him with his chemistry assignments. He still struggled with chemistry in general, but Bridge Math did help him learn how to set up his problems correctly and understand how to work them.

HTH

Yes, I used it with my non-mathy son. He struggled with algebra I and Bridge Math did help him with his chemistry assignments. He still struggled with chemistry in general, but Bridge Math did help him learn how to set up his problems correctly and understand how to work them.

HTH

Did he do the Bridge math BEFORE doing the Chemistry, or concurrently?

We had basically the same experience as the previous poster - chemistry was still hard for dd, but it did help because it is something that is used and emphasized throughout the course. She did the Bridge Math before starting chemistry - started a little sooner than the rest of school at the end of the summer.

My ds did not struggle with math and had a good grasp of algebra before starting chemistry, but we still found Bridge math to be helpful before he started Spectrum chemistry. It deals especially with the kind of math problems you come across in science which aren't necessarily covered in algebra, such as significant figures. He started Bridge math before starting chemistry but finished it concurrent with the first few chapters of chem.

My other ds who is using Apologia did not use Bridge math. It took him about 8 modules to finally get the hang of sig. fig. but he finally got it! :-)