Menu

Indiana

Has anyone been to Indiana Beach recently?

There were some bad reviews in '08, but it has transferred ownership since then.

We are trying to decide whether to go to Indiana Beach or King's Island.

DD really wants to see the beach and swim there. (But, the reviews for the beach itself are awful:confused:)

It is about 60 miles closer to us than King's Island. It is less expensive and has more variety of food. We really like the idea of the shoot em up rides.

Any opinions on what I should do?

Hello

I need to find a new homeschool group that is in either Boone County or Hendricks (NOT HERITAGE BUILDERS!!) County. I am willing to drive to Carmel for Wisdom Builders. We want to see all of our options first. We will consider Indianapolis if it is worth a trip.

Thanks!

Holly

http://www.ihen.org/content/support/...ks.htm#support here is a list of groups. I am in Bravehearts2U. We are all about casual socializing. No workshops or classes. Just a demo about exotic pets once a year. If I can get enough interest, I am trying to have a meet-up for moms of toddlers and preschoolers at my house. (It is so much easier than the park.) I'd have to meet you somewhere else first though!

Stephanie, we were near Salem/Scottsburg last week, at Hardy Lake! So beautiful there.

I've had a hard time finding a support group that I feel brave enough to join. I wanted to join Heritage Builders for next year, but their website says "by referral only."

:( I don't know anyone in the group. Back to square one!

Sandy (the OP) has a group.

It is now by referral only. They have done a lot of wrongs the past few years to several families including mine. We are now forced to leave due to my son's neck injury which a kid attacked my son. My son never provoked him as two witnesses told the board. Then a teacher of my son who is on the board went after my son in a very hurtful way. She said a bunch of stuff about him which blew me away. So they kicked us out. I can't believe I gave glowing reviews of the group during this past year.

Yes, it is the group to stay away from. They did not handle this in Christian love. A friend of mine who stepped down from the board told me she had to step down because she couldn't be part of something that is very unChristlike.

We are looking into Wisdom Builders.

edited to add: We have been with Heritage Builders for 8 years. I have bent over backwards to help the group far exceeding my obligations to the group. I coordinate at least 5 activities each year which only one activity is only required by each family (to coordinate).

Holly

Guest Dulcimeramy
It is now by referral only. They have done a lot of wrongs the past few years to several families including mine. We are now forced to leave due to my son's neck injury which a kid attacked my son. My son never provoked him as two witnesses told the board. Then a teacher of my son who is on the board went after my son in a very hurtful way. She said a bunch of stuff about him which blew me away. So they kicked us out. I can't believe I gave glowing reviews of the group during this past year.

Yes, it is the group to stay away from. They did not handle this in Christian love. A friend of mine who stepped down from the board told me she had to step down because she couldn't be part of something that is very unChristlike.

We are looking into Wisdom Builders.

edited to add: We have been with Heritage Builders for 8 years. I have bent over backwards to help the group far exceeding my obligations to the group. I coordinate at least 5 activities each year which only one activity is only required by each family (to coordinate).

Holly

That is disgraceful! Well, I'll just thank the Lord it didn't work out for us to join, then. :(

I looked at Wisdom Builders. I can't possibly afford it.

actually Wisdom Builders is cheaper all around. Heritage Builders classes for high school run around $400 to $600 a year. For elementary it usually runs around $30 per student per session.

Some classes are $200 per semester. Some are $160 per semester. Biology 1 is $600 a year.

Hope this helps

Holly

Edited by Holly IN
added prices for high school classes

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest manythanks

Hi everyone! New to the forum. Located in Henderson, KY just across the river from Evansville, IN (hoping to move there soon), and originally from Vincennes, IN. Looking for anyone from the area.

Susan

I have a sister who lives in Corydon, IN. She is the manager of the Arby's there. If you live near by, stop in to have a quality fast food meal with her. She's super friendly. Tell her that her sister from TN sent ya!:lol:

That would be too funny, I would love to be a fly on the wall if anyone lives close enough to do that. :tongue_smilie:

Blessings!;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This may sound super creepy, but I know you! We met at the SWISH meeting at the park awhile back. :)

Hi, no it's not creepy--I think you're the one that told me about these forums? I've really enjoyed reading them and have found them useful, so thanks! We haven't made it to a park meeting lately, it's been kind of crazy. But if you are headed this way again let me know, maybe we can meet up somewhere. I always enjoy hearing how other people "do" homeschool, especially using classical methods...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this thread to say that we're (finally) moving to Lafayette in two weeks. Everything I see about the community pleases me. We're very excited to get there and get settled. Hopefully I'll see some WTM'ers around! It seems like there are at least three in the area.

Bumping this thread to say that we're (finally) moving to Lafayette in two weeks. Everything I see about the community pleases me. We're very excited to get there and get settled. Hopefully I'll see some WTM'ers around! It seems like there are at least three in the area.

We have lived in the Lafayette area for 10 years now and love it!! Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime! Welcome :D

We are moving from Lafayette in 1 week. This has been 3yrs in the making. It has been a great 12 yrs and we are sad to leave. It is a great place to live.

• 4 weeks later...

We're here! It took a few days to get wi-fi rolling (and I'm not impressed with Comcast), but we're in, I've painted a bunch of bedrooms, and we're emptying tons of boxes! Despite the heat, we love it so far. We can walk to all sorts of things we couldn't before. Our church seems likely to be a great fit, too. We've got library cards and start swim lessons on Monday.

Hopefully we'll see some folks around.

Hi! I am new here and to homeschooling. We live in Southern Indiana. My son will be starting the first grade at home. He did pre-school and kindy in public school. I hope to use Christopherus as our curriculum, but am still exploring all the many options. I'm looking for groups in Southern Indiana as well.

Thanks! I look forward to learning from you all!

~Lisa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...