Indiana

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's a homeschool group here??? I am so in. Tell me about it. FourOaks, my homeschool name is 4 Cedars. :)

I don't think I can be a member of Heritage Builders. :( I do not agree with these:

I believe the living God is one God Who manifests Himself in three distinct but equal persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I believe Jesus is truly God and truly man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.

I agree with the rest of them, including this one:

I believe Jesus is the Son of the living God.

Why do they have to be so picky?

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Carmen

I can answer your questions about Heritage Builders The reason they have this in the statement of faith is so that anybody that comes in know and understand what is being taught in the group so there are no surprises. Now you can join without agreeing to this but you do have to sign that you have read the statement of faith and understand it. This is to prevent confusion in coordinating an event so it doesn't violate the statement of faith.

I had no problems signing it. I am glad it is there so I know my kids will not be taught something that is against what I believe.

It is a Christian group. We do have non-believers in the group and they are ok with it.

The trinity thing that you pointed out. It can go either way. I believe that Jesus is part of the trinity. So the three is separate but yet all in one. So I am ok with that statement. I also believe that Jesus was God in the flesh.

They are merely stating what the Bible says. I do not think they were picky. The whole trinity aspect is confusing to a lot of people. I do not think it is cause to not join a group. You do not have to agree with it in order to join the group. YOu just have to sign stating you understand it.

If you do not think you join that is ok. I understand. I do hope you find a group that fits your criteria. :001_smile:

I hope to meet you someday.

Holly

Are there any groups that have meetings in places other than churches?

How can we participate in some activities (like homeschool skate) if we have a toddler with us?

Are you in Heritage Builders Holly? What does the group do? How often would we be participating in something? Will they separate me from my children? Why would the trinity doctrine come up in activities? Do I have to sign that I agree with those statements, or can I get around that somehow?

We are lonely around here. Thank you.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Are there any groups that have meetings in places other than churches?

How can we participate in some activities (like homeschool skate) if we have a toddler with us?

Are you in Heritage Builders Holly? What does the group do? How often would we be participating in something? Will they separate me from my children? Why would the trinity doctrine come up in activities? Do I have to sign that I agree with those statements, or can I get around that somehow?

We are lonely around here. Thank you.

Most groups that I know of around here meet in churches. The reason being they do not charge us. Other places charge us. We also use the Brownsburg Library meeting rooms for classes.

I am in Heritage Builders.

For stuff like the homeschool skate you can take a toddler with you. There are activities for the whole family at least 2-3 times a session. We have 3 registration sessions.

We have workshops which is considered one day event, classes which is considered something that happens one day a week for 2 weeks or more. Then we have field trips. We have a middle school group that have social activities and service activities once a month.

They do not separate you from your children. You are always welcome to stay with your kids in classes, field trips or workshops. There are some events where parents are required to stay.

Yes, you have to sign the documents. Basically you are signing them stating you understand the statement of faith. That is it.

Holly

Holly, would you be willing to talk with me more about Heritage Builders? We just recently moved to the area and I know no one. I am trying to make some decisions regarding next year and I know that your open house isn't until May. You are welcome to email me privately.

Thanks,

Angie

• 2 weeks later...

Angie, I can't find it either! It was just a friendly, nothing important.

I was at my library today and I asked if they had any homeschool groups. Heritage Builders has meetings in my library!!! I would love to meet up with some of you if you are going to be there and available after the Heritage Builders meeting.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dulcimeramy

Hi, I'm in Indianapolis! :001_smile:

I grew up in Brownsburg. I'm looking for a support group for 2009/10. Our four sons will be ages 5-13 in the fall.

Could somebody please pm me about Heritage Builders, or any other homeschool groups in the Indy area about which you have a good opinion?

Thanks!

Amy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dulcimeramy

Stephanie, we were near Salem/Scottsburg last week, at Hardy Lake! So beautiful there.

I've had a hard time finding a support group that I feel brave enough to join. I wanted to join Heritage Builders for next year, but their website says "by referral only."

:( I don't know anyone in the group. Back to square one!