Menu

Difference between BJU Geography 2nd ed and new Cultural Geography 3rd edition?

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me the differences between these two volumes? From what I can read, the 2nd edition was published in 1998, and the third edition is a revision.

I am looking to use one with a 7th/8th grader primarily as a spine or reference book for a study in cultural geography next year, along with literature and other supplements. I do not think we will pursue the "full" program of BJU with all the tests, etc. Maybe the map pack if I choose the 2nd edition.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide.

Blessings,

Pam

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me the differences between these two volumes? From what I can read, the 2nd edition was published in 1998, and the third edition is a revision.

I am looking to use one with a 7th/8th grader primarily as a spine or reference book for a study in cultural geography next year, along with literature and other supplements. I do not think we will pursue the "full" program of BJU with all the tests, etc. Maybe the map pack if I choose the 2nd edition.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide.

Blessings,

Pam

The third edition came out between my two dc. So, I just used 2nd for both (in fact, I will be selling the whole thing, PM me if you are interested). I found the activity book overkill, and bought the map pack instead. There is plenty to do w/o the activity book (but I have the teachers for activity from first use) but you really need to do the maps.

If you have more kids down the line, you might want the third edition, I couldn't see buying it again with only one more to go. And, the second edition was fine.

Thanks Susan!

I may email you. I am really trying to determine which would be best. I am not sure I have a good idea of what the differences between 2nd and 3rd edition are yet.

Pam,

I compared the two, the text part was the same except for maybe a few countries that the names have changed (but it was obvious to us when we used the 2nd edition). The workbooks are "prettier" but I am not sure of the other differences because we did the text and maps only.

HTH