Menu

X-Post: help me figure out Latin for ds12

Here's our Latin history.

3rd - 5th grade: Prima Christiana and then Latina Christiana. He hated Latin with a red hot passion.

6th & part of 7th: Switched to "So You Really want to Learn Latin Prep I" He loves it! He started to do fairly well in Latin but then ran into some trouble. We added the workbook for Latin Prep I.

Today's issue:

He is in chapter 4 out of 10 chapters in Latin Prep I. He is mirroring his work in the workbook. He does not go fast (about 1 or 2 sections per day). I correct the work and if there are mistakes, I go over it with him and he corrects it before we move on.

So - Do we somehow try to finish all 10 chapters this year?! (It was in my schedule to finish the book but that was before we had trouble and added the workbook).

How do I plan out our Latin sequence? I'd like to continue using Galore Park if possible. My goal is that he could use this as his high school language, while possibly adding Greek at the end.

8th grade - rest of Latin Prep I, start Latin Prep 2?

9th grade - rest of Latin Pret 2, start Latin Prep 3

10th grade - finish Latin Prep 3 , then what?