Menu

Anyone ever hear of or use Brains Train?

http://www.brain-train.com/Brain%20Train/brain1.htm?#BRAIN%20TRAIN®%20Volume%201:%20Basic%20Cognitive%20Skills#BRAIN%20TRAIN®%20Volume%201:%20Basic%20Cognitive%20Skills%20-%20English%20&%20Spanish%20Editions

I was loaned a copy of this from my son's speech teacher. I don't think he is ready for it, but I am not sure if it's "good" or not.

Also, he is going to be getting reading therapy along with the speech and we quaify for a grant, which is a HUGE blessing! I have a rough copy of the evaluation they did, but I wont have the offical copy for a few weeks so I don't really know how to read the results. I don't think they are going to do any reading help with him until we move forward with the VT, which wont start until I hear back from the OT this week.

Slowly getting there.

Can you use the BrainTrain software yourself daily to get an idea of what it is like?

About five or six years ago I ran across the BrainTrain website and downloaded a free version to try out. I found it incredibly dull and boring, so I figured my dd would not stick with it. They may have dramatically improved the software since then, so my experience may not be valid for their software right now.

If you can try it out yourself, I'm sure you can get a feel for not only difficulty but interest level. One of the things about PACE I really liked was the way the provider varied the exercises every week, mixing in "fun" easy exercises with the "hard" ones for my dd. It gave us a lot of flexibility at home, as I could promise 20 minutes of "fun" exercises after dd worked on hard exercises for 20 minutes.

I have not seen any posts from parents who have actually used BrainTrain. They would be the ones with the best information about its usefulness.