Menu

If you put Bible courses on your dc's transcript.......

.....what do you name them? Do you just put Bible 9, 10, 11 and 12 or do you have a name for each course?

We are going to do the Trail Guide to Bible Geography so I thought under the Subject Bible that I'd list that as a course as "Bible Geography."

Absolutely I put them on the transcript and have a name for each course. For the next year it will be Hebrew Bible: A historical /critical perspective and the following year , New Testament Perspectives in Religious Anthropology using Mary Douglas's works as a background text . link here for those who enjoy anthropology http://books.google.com/books?id=QGRUTH8hnQ4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=mary+douglas&source=gbs_similarbooks_s&cad=1#v=onepage&q&f=false They will count as social sciences credits as well as english literature as we are doing a study along the lines of Bible as Literature as well. Here is the link to a well written book that I chose after months of searching for a truly non prescriptive /normative text as that is not our sole or primary reason for doing these courses. http://books.google.com/books?id=Xwa9QgAACAAJ&dq=Bible+as+literature I am certain that Biblical Geography will be an excellent choice for the transcript and think that colleges want a descriptive title to enable them to see more precisely what the goals of the course were and the depth of coverage.

OK- great, thank you. Another question......Do you/will you submit a list of course descriptions along with the transcript or only if asked by the college?

My oldest already graduated, but he prefers working right now and will continue with community college when he is ready, so middle ds will be my first time dealing with Universities.

OK- great, thank you. Another question......Do you/will you submit a list of course descriptions along with the transcript or only if asked by the college?

My oldest already graduated, but he prefers working right now and will continue with community college when he is ready, so middle ds will be my first time dealing with Universities.

Relatively few colleges request a list of course descriptions. There are some elite colleges that do require course descriptions from homeschoolers. I create a course description for each course my high school students do so that if asked, I can provide one.

As for the Bible courses, I give specific names to our religious studies courses rather than Bible 9, Bible 10, etc, so that colleges have a better idea of the content. State universities won't care, some Bible colleges like to see what the student has done if they have taken religious studies courses. My students all do Old Testament Survey and New Testament Survey. The content of the other two courses has varied by student.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

My ISP has us name them Bible 9, Bible 10, etc. I would probably name the geography course as you have described, perhaps adding OT and/or NT to the title if appropriate.