Menu

Teaching Textbooks: Pre-Calculus

Hi - we're finishing up Teaching Textbooks, Algebra 2, and have completed Geometry also.

What next? I read one review of the Teaching Textbooks, Pre-Calculus text, which stated that the text was full of errors.

Is anyone using this text? Have you discovered any errors?

Otherwise, what have you used for year 12? Is it possible to go from using Teaching Textbooks to Saxon or another programme for the final year?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

It has been two years, and we didn't do all of it, I do remember errors. Some were obvious, others (not many) I think we kept getting a different answer than what they said. In the states, it was easy to call and get it straight (and we did it before the cds were finished, and they helped a lot with the trig as well). Being that you are so far away, you might need to email, but still, they respond quickly. I have heard on this forum that you need to do about half of TT Precalc. along with their Algebra 2 program to get a traditional Algebra 2 course using the TT program. I noticed that concepts we had done in another Algebra 2 program were showing up as new concepts in TT Precalc. If you ask Jann in TX, she knows how much of the TT Precalc. you need to do for a true Algebra 2 course. If you choose to do Precalc. in 12th grade, you can, just know that TT is on the light side, and in college, your kids may need to start with college algebra or precalc.

We're using it. I recall one major error where we e-mailed the author (who e-mailed right back with the correction). I believe there were other minor ones, but obvious. I would expect you could e-mail the author for corrections and be fine.

And yes, you DO need to do TT Pre-Calc to have some of the topics that will be expected for college. It's not really optional.