Menu

Anyone used Transcript Bootcamp by Inge Cannon?

I'm trying to get a feel if it would be worth it to buy. It is pricey :tongue_smilie:, but seems to list all of the information that I would need for high school. Am I better off just buying a couple of homeschooling high school books and browsing the internet? Any comments good or bad would be appreciated. :lurk5:

Well, I'd rather see her speak, really, than listen to the tapes. I am getting ready to go back through my tapes, too, but I also liked Cafi Cohen's books on hsing through high school. Maybe you could check those out from your library and go through them and see if you think you still need more....?

I have it but haven't used it yet; my boys are 5th & 7th grade.

I attended Inge Cannon's bootcamp sessions at my homeschool conference a couple of years ago. She provided a wealth of information during her talks. I printed a book from one of the cd's and she covered that material. She talked about more that just transcripts. If I remember, she talked about whether to count classes taken before high school on the transcript, GEDs, figuring credits, etc.

Sorry, I have limited experience with this, but based on what I have seen so far, it appears to be worth the money. :)

O.k. that's two votes for wishing they had the DVD's. :001_smile: I found some samples of the DVD's online and I think I'm sold. This looks like what I'm wanting and time is limited for research and reading these days, so I think this will help me a lot. I want to go with Kareni's penny pinching, but that time is money thing keeps echoing in my head. :tongue_smilie: I need to assimilate this info this summer and I think it's more likely to happen this way.

Thank you for your thoughts and replies! :)

and gleaned lots of helpful information. I also felt very "empowered" to do the transcript. She is very straight forward and makes it all seem so simple.

The only issue with the the transcript pro that we bought is that you can't adjust any of the fields on the transcript. The form available is the only choice...for example, if you add in senoir courses without grades, it totally throws of the gpa. We decided to leave the senior courses blank and added an addtional sheet with senior work in progress. It worked out, but I wanted to lessen the pages we added to our transcript, not increase them.

I found her very helpful. She also responded to a question I had very quickly when I emailed her.

HTH

That's helpful and good to know about the transcript pro. I appreciate you adding in your experience. "Empowered" is how I want to feel as I approach the high school years, rather than the knee knocking that often happens now when I think about it. LOL! I'm glad the experiences with the bootcamp have been positive. It's more affirmation for me. :)

The leader of our homeschool group attended her workshops and purchased the program and then made it available to anyone who wanted to borrow the materials. It is good, but the information was pretty common sense. She shows you how to do a "traditional" transcript (year by year) and a non-traditional transcript (by subjects instead of year by year).

The information was informative, but you may be able to find the same info online or in books. One thing that is nice about Transcript Boot Camp is there are pdf forms and transcript samples you can print look at and print out. Because I did not "own" the program I did not print out or keep the forms. But I designed my own spreadsheet type form (I own a Mac) based on Inge Cannon's forms. I am pretty happy with what I designed so I feel I am ready to go with making our own transcript.

I did consider purchasing Transcript Pro. That is Cannon's program for transcripts . . . you just enter the info and the program makes a transcript for you. But I can't run it on the Mac unless I purchase an additional program to make it work on the Mac. But just entering data and having it make a nice transcript is very appealing.

Adrianne in IL

Guest KaciMI

when my confidence wanes. I just turn on her dvds listen to them, AGAIN, and I feel better. You can always donate the dvds to the library or a home school group later.

PS: I didn't order the transcript program, however.

Edited by KaciMI
added something

It is good, but the information was pretty common sense. She shows you how to do a "traditional" transcript (year by year) and a non-traditional transcript (by subjects instead of year by year). The information was informative, but you may be able to find the same info online or in books. Adrianne in IL

Thanks for this information!