What's with the ads?

Photo

If you bought canned lump crab meat and left it out all night would you use it?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Karenciavo

Karenciavo

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5006 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

I think I already know the answer :sad:

My ds14 was going to make dinner last night, penne with crab meat in a blush sauce, yum. But he was interrupted by his father's invitation to go to the movies so we scrapped the dinner plan. Many ingredients were left out all night, including a $10 can of premium lump crab meat from Trader Joe's. :sigh: It says refrigerate, but it is canned so I was wondering if it is $10 lost or not. The crab company is closed for the weekend. Would you give it a try? Smell it? Toss it?

Thanks

#2 OnTheBrink

OnTheBrink

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8968 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

I'd toss it. I wouldn't mess with seafood, canned or not. Sorry about the $10 loss, though.

#3 Janet in WA

Janet in WA

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:14 AM

I wouldn't eat it, and I'm usually in the "oh, just go ahead and eat it" camp on these questions.

#4 melissel

melissel

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8944 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

I'm pretty brave, but I'd toss it too. And thank goodness we're not the only ones who do this! I made a huge vat of beans last week, and then we had to run out to pick something up. The beans had JUST come off the stove and I didn't want to put the burning hot pot right into my already-struggling-to-maintain-a safe-temperature fridge, so I put it in our garage fridge instead. Well, guess what I realized is still sitting in there? I was looking for my pot and couldn't figure out where it had gone. Blech.

Sorry about the $10, and the loss of what sounds like an amazing meal!

#5 Stacey in MA

Stacey in MA

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

I've had food poisoning before, and it's horrible. Seafood tends to go bad more quickly, and be more vicious when you do get sick from it.

I love crab though. I feel for you! hee hee! But chuck it.... I know, it will take a while to mourn the loss, but you'll be OK soon. ;-p

GL - Stacey in MA

#6 Rich with Kids

Rich with Kids

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

Toss. Sorry. Hey, this would've made a good poll!

#7 Karenciavo

Karenciavo

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5006 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

Farewell lump crab meat. Posted Image

What's with the ads?