Menu

If you bought canned lump crab meat and left it out all night would you use it?

I think I already know the answer :sad:

My ds14 was going to make dinner last night, penne with crab meat in a blush sauce, yum. But he was interrupted by his father's invitation to go to the movies so we scrapped the dinner plan. Many ingredients were left out all night, including a $10 can of premium lump crab meat from Trader Joe's. :sigh: It says refrigerate, but it is canned so I was wondering if it is $10 lost or not. The crab company is closed for the weekend. Would you give it a try? Smell it? Toss it?

Thanks

I'm pretty brave, but I'd toss it too. And thank goodness we're not the only ones who do this! I made a huge vat of beans last week, and then we had to run out to pick something up. The beans had JUST come off the stove and I didn't want to put the burning hot pot right into my already-struggling-to-maintain-a safe-temperature fridge, so I put it in our garage fridge instead. Well, guess what I realized is still sitting in there? I was looking for my pot and couldn't figure out where it had gone. Blech.

Sorry about the $10, and the loss of what sounds like an amazing meal!

I've had food poisoning before, and it's horrible. Seafood tends to go bad more quickly, and be more vicious when you do get sick from it.

I love crab though. I feel for you! hee hee! But chuck it.... I know, it will take a while to mourn the loss, but you'll be OK soon. ;-p

GL - Stacey in MA