Menu

Experience with Lukeion for Greek instruction

Very pleased. Mrs. Barr teaches it, and she explains things thoroughly, keeps the students interested, and provides a lot of accountability (homework and a quiz every week). I'm not familiar with the Greek program, but some of the students on the Lukeion Italy and Greece trips took Greek and seemed to enjoy it.

A friend's daughter took Greek through Lukeion, and found it to be very challenging (she likes a challenge though). I believe she did 2 years of it.

My DS is taking Latin this year, and I'm afraid that over time we have been less than pleased with various aspects of the class. He's switching to a different online 'school' for Latin 2 in the fall.

Laura

My DS is taking Latin this year, and I'm afraid that over time we have been less than pleased with various aspects of the class. He's switching to a different online 'school' for Latin 2 in the fall.

Laura

We have found the same thing with the Latin and will be moving to another 'school' next year as well. But my daughter would without hesitation take other classes or seminars from Mr. Barr. He isn't the Latin teacher.

Heather

We have found the same thing with the Latin and will be moving to another 'school' next year as well. But my daughter would without hesitation take other classes or seminars from Mr. Barr. He isn't the Latin teacher.

Heather

Yes. Same experience here (with Latin/teacher). I did meet Mr. Barr once, and found him to be very personable and friendly--- very enthusiastic about his subject(s).