Menu

I am soooo excited, but everyone here is asleep...

Actually, the fact that everyone here is asleep (including dh) is something to get excited about. But, what really has me cheering is that I was able to get tickets for us to go to Belgium in August for my young cousin's wedding for only $648! Now, that is not quite the deal I found, but lost, last week ($681 with business class on the return), but I am thrilled that I got something for less than $1,000 a piece.

Here are a few of the reasons I am so happy to be able to make this trip:

1) My family in Belgium has not seen my twins and they will be 7 when we get there. Oops, my cousin saw them when she visited a year or so ago.

2) The cousin getting married is from my father's side of the family. My dad and his sister are 17 years apart in age and the only two children my grandparents had. (I think it took them 17 years to recover from having my dad before they dared try again! He was a naughty kid.) Since we are in the States, my cousin has grown up with no cousins, one sibling, and just a bunch of aging grandparents (she only has her paternal grandparents living). Her fiance is an only child and her brother's s.o. is also an only child. So, she has very little family to help her celebrate this event and now we can be there for her.

3) My daughters immediately bonded with my cousin during her short stay with us. They often talk about her and now they will get to see where she lives and where my parents grew up, etc.

4) My cousin has asked for my girls to be in her wedding. I did not want to disappoint her by not being able to come because the tickets were too expensive.

Wow, did I ever rattle on. Of course by now noone is "listening." :p If you have stuck with me this far, thanks for sharing in my joy!

Brigitte

Thanks, Ladies. A BIG thank you to who ever recommended http://www.Kayak.com. I signed up for their email alerts and that is how I found the fare. However, instead of buying through the Cheaptickets website that Kayak directed me to (it wasn't coming up the same for some reason), I went directly to the airline and got the tickets for $70 less a piece than what Kayak reported.

It has been ages since we have been in Belgium, so it will be nice to go "back home." My girls had their 2nd birthday in Provence, but that was the first and last time they were in Europe. So, this will be an incredible experience for them.

Thanks again for sharing in my joy!

Brigitte