Menu

Help with all-in-one printers, please! Who has one they love?

I was originally set on the Canon MP530, but some people are not too happy aobut the ink cartridges. I need something that will print multiple copies, be miserly with ink, enlarge/shriink--the usual stuff. I don;t need any special photo capabilities since I'm not a big picture taker. Up to $175 is ok. Any help? Thanks.

jeri

We had our HP for years---very good quality, options, good on ink, etc. loved, loved, loved it. It wouldn't connect with our Dells, so we had to go with a Dell printer. The ink is gone way too fast, we've had trouble with the quality, it's been very frustrating.

I'd check out HP. We got ours at Sams (about 10 years ago)

Hmmm. when I compared for cost of ink, Canon came out on top. I love that there are separate cartridges for each color, so that you don't waste a bunch just because yellow ran out first. I chose an MP530, but then found an MX700 (a little more expensive one) on clearance for $50!! I love this thing. It replaces an HP that made me battty.

I have a b&w laser HP 3055 that I LOVE. Our inkjet color HP has not been as great, but I would still recommend HP. DH works in computers, and the HP printers are the ones he recommends. And he's seen a lot. The one thing I can tell you...do NOT go lexmark. Affordable and Disposable. They do not hold up well at all.

We have an HP 1210 also. We've had it for years. It's still printing. Sometimes the paper goes in wrong and it jams up, but it's been a great printer. Now we would really like to get a laser printer for all of the black things that I print out. It would be a lot less in ink. I have not been brave enough to try the cheaper ink or refills.

For those that have a 1210, what have you been happy with as far as off brands and what do you stay away from?

Thanks,

Kristine