Menu

Online Synchronous College Classes

My rising senior dd would like to get a head start on college credits next year, while finishing her high school credits (hoping to count credits for both). She is interested in Christian colleges that might offer synchronous distance learning classes. So far, google has not been productive; would any of you have any suggestions? Thanks so much!:001_smile:

I think Liberty University and Patrick Henry College offer online college courses to high school students.

Thanks for your reply! If I'm understanding correctly, these classes are asynchronous, so the students don't meet all together at a certain time for discussion and lecture. I'll have to double check Patrick Henry, though. Good idea!

My son who is a senior in HS is currently taking online classes through Liberty University. He has enjoyed all the classes he has taken. He can do the work at anytime during the day and does not need to watch live lectures. At the end of this school year, he will have earned 15 college credits through Liberty. They have a special program called "The Edge" program which is geared toward HS juniors and seniors and offers reduced tuition for classes.