Menu

Bible Curriculum or lessons

pamd

I have tried a few curriculums. I always do a devotional, but I am looking for some kind of structured kids lessons to know and have a relationship with God. I use my bible and let God lead me but I think there has got to be something more fun and interesting for my ds who is 10yrs old. There are so many out there to choose from so it is easy to hear from those who are using something that works. He has a very low attention span at times so I usually lose him pretty quick.

We use to be in AWANA but when we changed churches, the new one doesn't offer that program and I haven't been able to purchase the books not even off of amazon or ebay. Loved it I was actually a leader and would love to continue with it. If you know how to get books that are not used please let me know.

:drool:I like that myself but my ds does not have a attention span that allows for long reading or listening he is more hands and visual. Do you have maybe another idea. That is why just my bible and my lessons are not interesting him as I would like or want them to. I want him to learn how to have a personal relationship with Jesus and how to live for him in this world.

These are set up so you can do as much or as little as you want. We dont do the whole lesson in a day, infact 1 lesson can take us 1-2 weeks. After we do a short reading we talk about what we learned and apply it to life (ex: the first chapter we talked about foundations being strong and actually did an activity with legos!) But this is something that I dont want them to rush through either, I want them to really grasp what they are learning, and make sure that it makes sense to them.

Another idea is the answers acadamy, that is a dvd program. I have not personally tried this but I am going to after this series we are going through. I have had friends highly recommend this though!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/product/Answers-Academy-Curriculum,4864,236.aspx

It says for grades 7 and up but I have had 2 friends us it with their elementary aged kids with great results! They LOVED it!

Also click on this link and scroll down past the books.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/catalog/Upper-Elementary,341.aspx

These are also great. I love anything from answers in genesis and apologia. They all help kids to learn why Jesus is who he says he is and why the biblical accounts are true and how to defend the faith!

Let me know if any of these are helpful!!!!

Have you looked to see if there's a different church in your area with an AWANA? You can usually attend their programs without attending the church yourself. http://awana.findlocation.com/

We have always attended AWANA at a different church than our own because our church had never offered it. The other churches have always been happy to have us! :001_smile:

We use to be in AWANA but when we changed churches, the new one doesn't offer that program and I haven't been able to purchase the books not even off of amazon or ebay. Loved it I was actually a leader and would love to continue with it. If you know how to get books that are not used please let me know.

We attend a Presbyterian church, which doesn't offer AWANA. I went to the AWANA website and they have a locater to help you find churches in your area that offer their program.

I don't think you can order the materials as an individual - they only sell to churches implementing their program. Since you used to be involved at your old church, if you left on good terms I bet you could get the person in charge there to order for you.

We're using Through the Bible with my Child. I started it with my DD and it has become what we use for family Bible time. My DH wasn't raised in a religious family and he's getting as much out of it as my DD and it appeals to both of them, which you can't say about a lot of things. It follows a 4-year cycle of reading through the bible, complete with memory work, tests, and comprehension questions all laid out for you. You can download it for free here.

Edited by Hill Country Classical Academy
mind faster than hands :)