Menu

Anyone use recipe software? m...

We recently bought Cook'n because my BIL has all the family recipes already entered in it. It will generate grocery lists, nutritional info, enlarge or reduce recipes, search for recipe by ingredients on hand, etc. You can also buy pre-made cookbooks for it for a huge variety of foods (crock pot, low-carb, vegetarian, etc.). I haven't used it much yet, myself; but it looks promising.

I've entered all our favorite recipes. It automatically calculates nutritional info. I printed off a copy a year ago and put the "hard" copies in a binder so I don't have to be by my computer all the time, but I often use it when the computer is already on. It has a nice feature that lets you cut and paste recipes into it, and then "parse" them into their recipe format.

I am very happy with it. I don't know whether it can create grocery lists because I typically have most ingredients on hand, and I cook most things from my head so it wouldn't save me much time.

Janet

Free trial at their website. It looks like a newer version than what I have and I might upgrade to get the menu-planning stuff.