Menu

Singapore Early Bird Science

EmmaNZ

Has anybody used this? I would love to hear what people think. I am considering using it in conjunction with BFSU. I love BFSU, but want to try and make things a bit easier planning-wise because number 4 is due in 9 weeks, God willing.

We used Singapore Earlybird Science for part of my dd's K year. I ended up getting rid of it after 1 book. It just a collection of worksheets on different science topics, colorful, but my dd didn't like it and she didn't learn from it. IMHO, science at that age needs to be more hands on and incorporate more than just a worksheet. I'm not familiar with BFSU so I don't know how the two would mesh together. Hope that helps!

I've used this with two of my kids. They really liked it. There are some hands on activities mixed throughout. We had some activities with magnets and electrical circuits. There was also some seed sprouting as I recall though we didn't do that one. However, personally I DON'T like lots of hands on activities which may account for my opinion of the series : ). We skipped the ones I didn't feel we had time for. I used it for K.