Menu

Using WEM or WTM literature with TOG history

I have been toying with the idea of doing a GB study next year with my 9th and 10th graders. But I just thought why not keep TOG for the history, but use WTM/WEM for the literature. Do you think this would work? I know some of the lit would not line up perfectly with the history but I am ok with that. I'd like to take the lit a little slower anyways. This way I could keep all my kids in TOG and be on the same page with history.

Am I crazy for considering this? :D

Edited by Quiver0f10

I have been toying with the idea of doing a GB study next year with my 9th and 10th graders. But I just thought why not keep TOG for the history, but use WTM/WEM for the literature. Do you think this would work? I know some of the lit would not line up perfectly with the history but I am ok with that. I'd like to take the lit a little slower anyways. This way I could keep all my kids in TOG and be on the same page with history.

Am I crazy for considerig this? :D

I don't think you're crazy at all. In fact, I'm going to be doing the same thing next year with my rising 10th graders. We'll be back in Year 1 for history and there are some ancient lit selections I want to read that TOG didn't schedule. I'm sure we'll include some of the TOG selections as well, but I haven't made our final list yet.

I don't think you're crazy at all. In fact, I'm going to be doing the same thing next year with my rising 10th graders. We'll be back in Year 1 for history and there are some ancient lit selections I want to read that TOG didn't schedule. I'm sure we'll include some of the TOG selections as well, but I haven't made our final list yet.

I am wanting to do the same thing, Jean! I do not know how I will pull it off though. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

TOG is a great program but I do feel they leave out a lot of books that I want my kids to experience. :(

Holly

Yes, exactly! I have a list of books I want to read that aren't on TOG's list. I do think I will use some of TOG's books, but I pretty much want to use the list in TWTM and use the study guide format from WEM.

I would love to hear how you are planning to do this...I will be using the last two units of TOG Year 1 and the first two units of Year 2 and was thinking as I made my book list that there were some obvious choices that TOG did not include. I am also working out a tweaking for Church History for the Year 2 so I am looking forward to seeing how you will add this into the schedule.....

Wendy

and keeping the students all on the same page is exactly why we are using TOG now...I am so tired of keeping up with all the different periods my children were working on...I am excited to see how the year will progress...we have only been using TOG for a few weeks now and so far things are good, but my older students need a bit more ....

wendy