Menu

what's the difference b/t FlyLady and Motivated Mom's . . .

When my twins were toddlers I did FlyLady. I liked the "unpredictability" of the tasks that would come in some of the emails - what would she throw out there to clean up that day??!! When we moved, I did not sign back up for the emails and fell off the wagon. I tried to get it going again last year, but I was really annoyed by the emails. So, I never did them. Then I found Motivated Moms and really like the planner. I put mine on the fridge where I pass by frequently and I will pick a quick thing or two to get done. I like that there are check lists for the things you need to do everyday. I simply find it easier to keep up with. I do think the FlyLady 27 Fling boogey is helpful though in clearing the clutter.

HTH's

Brigitte

the difference is that Motivated Moms is a regular chore list. If you get the day by day, it has a calendar that you can put your other appts. on, it has llisted the daily chores, and the chores for that day.

Flylady is random to me. She works around the house in an organized fashion, but you really need to be on her "list" to know what to do that day. If you don't get on the computer, or get the emails, it is almost impossible to keep up with Flylady. Then,you still have to figure out your own schedule of the regular things.

I like MM's because I like the predictablity and the work of deciding what to do is done for me. However, if you do flylady as she dictates each day, your house is cleaner. You just spend too much time cleaning! (for my preference)

MM's gets the job done and I don't have to think about it as much, nor worry what I may have missed, and you can never "catch up" from the day before because there are no archives.THey don't want you to feel behind, ever. So, if you want to change the sheets on Sat instead of Fri. you better write it down somewhere or keep it in your head, because it won't be anywhere else until next week

I work part-time and do FlyLady. FlyLady advocates routines. She gives out sample routines but always suggests that you customize them to work for you and your situation. The e-mails are not necessary but do give me the little push I need to keep on the wagon. I don't do the daily tasks that get sent out because I haven't been able to work them in but do find that all in all it is a good program for me.

Arch At Home

Sorry, can't help with the FT working outside the home. Flylady has 15 minutes declutter routines. MM has maybe 2 days a week where she recommends a small space to declutter. It will eventually get you there, but Flylady is much more aggressive in decluttering. You could try to just pick 10 minutes every evening and work on a space until it is done, then move on to the next clutter spot. That will get you somewhere, but isn't really either's program. Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm very visual, so I need something I can see on a regular basis. MM works better for me because of this. I can't be tied to the computer to check email, and a home management notebook gets closed and put on a shelf, never to be opened again. I print off the week's MM schedule and stick it on the fridge.