Menu

Latin for Children A

tiffany k

Is this program open and go? I was planning to buy the Mastery Bundle to use the DVD's. I was going to use Lively Latin but it looks like it would require some set up and organizing different parts, etc.. I really want a program where we just open to the next page, next lesson and get it done. Is LFC like that? Also, do I need a text for each child? Thank you so much!

I feel that LfC is open and go, I don't do any preplanning or review, just sit down and my son and I learn along together. You will need a student workbook for each student unless you plan to copy the worksheets and quizzes, the same goes for the activity books if you want to use them (which makes it not open and go lol). The DVD's are good, if a little homey in spots, but we enjoy them and watch them together each week at the start of each lesson.

The basis of any good foreign language program is practicing vocabulary and I think the chant cd's are great for that. LfC is a hit around here and I plan to get B for my older son next year and get a new copy of the workbook and activity book for my younger son.

Thank you, Aylene!

I assume that since you plan to buy more activity books, your kids enjoy them and you find them useful? When you say they make the program NOT open and go, is that because they are extra and you have to figure out when to add them in? Or are the activities correlated to each lesson and I would just have to find time to include them? I wasn't thinking of including the activity books, but if they are worthwhile and easy to implement, I might. Would your kids recommend them?

Thanks!

:iagree:

LFC is definitely open and go. I sit with my son and watch the DVD so we can learn together. I usually do the workbook with him so I can smarten myself up, too.;)

I have my son make flashcards for each new vocab word (usually 10 new words in each lesson).

LFC is easy to use and easy to understand. It's a hit here.