Menu

Questions for those using Teaching Company downloads

I have some questions for those using the Teaching Company Audio Downloads.

Once you purchase them, are they available to download forever or do you have a certain amount of time in which to download them? Can they only be downloaded one time?

Are you able to listen to them from your computer? Are you able to copy them to CD? Or can they only be listened to on something like an ipod?

Do you delete them once you have listened to them?

Have you had any problems in downloading, sound quality, etc.?

What have been the pros and cons of using downloads versus purchasing CD's (other than the cost difference)?

Thanks!

Yes, I have downloaded a few courses. There is no time limit, and they can be listened to from your computer. I do download mine to an iPod, but that is definitely not the only option. I'm not sure about being able to copy them to a CD, as I haven't tried. You might contact the Teaching Company to ask them--they are very helpful.

I do not delete the files after listening to them--I'm not sure why I would do that. But, even if I did, they will be available in my "downloads" account at the TC site. Also, I have not had any problems with downloading or sound quality.

I don't prefer this method--my preferred method is the DVDs because I am more engaged with the speaker that way. They do cost more, though!

You have all of your downloads available in your account. I have successfully downloaded several of my purchases multiple times.

We have listend to them on an iPod and a Zune but any basic mp3 player will work. The sound quality is excellent.

We also listen to them directly on the computer. I have used iTunes to burn an audio cd (not mp3 format, but regular audio format for my car cd player). You can use any music management software to do this and you can use iTunes even if you don't have an iPod.

The advantages for us are the ability put the music directly onto a portable player. You can do this with the cd version, but it seemed like we were listening more on the portable players than on the cd players so for us the price is cheaper and we use them more.

Also, with newer car radios (ours is a 2005), there is sometimes an audio plug-in port so we are able to use an ordinary audio cable and connect our portable players to the car radio and play the lectures through the car speakers, so now we don't need to burn cds anymore.