Menu

A friend has a rack that holds those plastic grocery bags so she can use them

as trash bags. It's attached to the inside of her pantry door with two arms sticking out to hold the handles and keep the bag open. Any idea what this is called? Or where I could get one?

I'm tired of buying kitchen garbage bags. It sure would be better to reuse the millions of bags I get from Walmart.

tia

as trash bags. It's attached to the inside of her pantry door with two arms sticking out to hold the handles and keep the bag open. Any idea what this is called? Or where I could get one?

I'm tired of buying kitchen garbage bags. It sure would be better to reuse the millions of bags I get from Walmart.

tia

Oooh, sounds like a neat idea. I've bought reusable grocery bags, but still end up with the plastic ones here and there.

Did you ask your friend where she got it?

I just use them on our regular old plastic garbage can. I have to stretch a little to get it around, but it works great!!

This reminds me of an invention that I have always wanted to invent. It is a little rack to hold different sizes of zip-lock bags open so that you can pour things into them. I can't tell you how many times I have wished for this. Does anyone know if this exists already. Or, can someone else design one and give me some money for the idea. :)

People still buy kitchen trash bags?:p

We have a thing that attaches to my cabinet door. Basically you just cram the bags inside, and pull one out at a time. I just line a small can under the sink. It does need to be dumped a few times a day, but it works great. I've seen people take a dish towel and sew up the long end leaving a tube. Then attach a cloth handle or ribbon to the top. You can put the handle over a nail inside a pantry or cabinet door. Cram the bags in and pull out one at a time from the bottom. If you are not domestically inclined (hee, hee) then you can probably find these at a crafter's mall.

This reminds me of an invention that I have always wanted to invent. It is a little rack to hold different sizes of zip-lock bags open so that you can pour things into them. I can't tell you how many times I have wished for this. Does anyone know if this exists already. Or, can someone else design one and give me some money for the idea. :)

Oh, I'd buy that! Even off TV! LOL

WTMindy, you can just set a ziploc bag inside a mug or jar, open, and fold down the sides over the lip of the mug. It works perfectly!

I want one that works for the gallon sized bags too. I know I *could* just find something that size, but with all the other kitchen gadgets out there....why hasn't someone made this yet? :D

oh man....we would go through DOZENS of those little bags every day, lol.

I use the grocery store bags for diapers or recycle them. The "kitchen trash" bags are too small. We use the big black 30 gallon bags :-)

Thanks to the quirky gals on the WTMboards awhile back, i posted a quote over my trashcan:

"In Beverly Hills... they don't throw their garbage away. They make it into television shows."

-Woody Allen

I want one that works for the gallon sized bags too. I know I *could* just find something that size, but with all the other kitchen gadgets out there....why hasn't someone made this yet? :D

have you tried a large coffeecan? I bet you'd pay as much for the bag-holding gadget sans coffee as you would for a large can of coffee and just chunked the coffee, lol

We use these as liners for all our smaller trash cans, too. I have a coat rack in my garage, near the door, and I just hang one of the bags there and fill it with others as they accumulate. If I get too many, I recycle them to the store, but I also try to use them for other purposes, such as you mention.

Sorry that I don't know the name of those gadgets.

Regena